TECHNOLOGY ALBERTA FIRST Jobs Program
Congratulations – Your Alberta Tech Company has been accepted to the next stage of the Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Program!
We are pleased to share with you the official next steps in this pilot program, and the plans for the upcoming months. We have seen interest in this program from over 500 Students from across Alberta – who are interested in applying to the company opportunities, and the successful applicants using their skills to grow Alberta’s tech sector.
NEXT WEEK: The Technology Alberta - FIRST Jobs Company Portal - Access for Companies Only
1) Companies to Post their Opportunities
- Companies will be given a portal access password by Tuesday November 16. If you have not received a password by 4:00PM on that day, please contact email@example.com (Note: Please check your spam folder first)
- Companies are to begin entering their opportunities – please post multiple (1 business, 1 technical is encouraged). Posting should be complete by November 22.
- Companies will each be given funding ($4,000) towards 1 approved young professional to work on your opportunity through the FIRST Jobs program. Note: It is the company's responsibility to ensure that the student is an Alberta Resident and eligible to work in Alberta - contracts are between the student (part-time contractor) and the company.
- General Work parameters are 10 hours week over 20 weeks, completed remotely – but can be adjusted to the mutual benefit of company and professional. Work is to start in January - and students will also be attending a weekly Professional Development Session and Company Showcase.
- Companies may choose to fund additional candidates through other means, should you find multiple candidates of interest.
- Company intake will remain open until February
2) FIRST Jobs Candidates (Students)
- Will be provided portal access the following week - November 23, and will start applying to the posted positions. Companies are welcome to arrange interviews at any time - and subsequently make job offers <for position to start in January>
- Candidates are welcome to apply to as many company opportunities as they like, but will only be allowed to receive one FIRST Jobs funded position.
- Communications: Technology Alberta will be providing weekly e-updates
- Reminder: There is no guarantee of company/candidate fit. We encourage you to consider multiple needs in your company, to increase the likelihood of finding a candidate.
Thank you all - and stay tuned, more information to follow on the Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Program.
The Technology Alberta team